Happy Pancake Day everyone! Here is a perfect pancake recipe, which is simple, easy and quick to do, in 10 perfect steps...
1. To make the batter, crack the egg into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add the flour, milk and a tiny pinch of sea salt.
3. Whisk everything together until you have a lovely, smooth batter.
4. Put a large frying pan on a medium heat and after a minute or so, add ½ tablespoon of oil.
5. Carefully tilt the pan to spread the oil out evenly.
6. Add a few ladles of batter to the pan, leaving enough space between each one so they have room to spread out slightly – each ladleful will make one pancake, and you'll need to cook them in batches.
7. Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, or until little bubbles appear on the surface and the bases are golden, then use a fish slice to carefully flip them over.
8. When the pancakes are golden on both sides, use a fish slice to transfer the pancakes to a plate.
9. Repeat steps 5 to 9 with the remaining batter, adding ½ tablespoon of oil to the pan between batches, if needed.
10. Serve the pancakes straight away, topped with a dollop of natural yoghurt, some extra berries, a bit of honey or a dash of sugar and lemon if you like. Enjoy! xxx