This week in our tips and tricks series we are focusing on how to get the most wear out of your manicures and pedicures. If you have never invested in gel, where have you been hiding?! These polishes last for roughly 14 days, sometimes longer, and is much stronger than normal polish. Here are some ways to avoid ruining your perfectly prepped nails:
1. At Perfect 10, our therapists all have a variety of colours for you to choose from.
2. These polishes are an excellent choice for durable nails, but they're not for everyone. They require healthy nail beds. If your cuticles and nail beds are peeling, damaged or splitting, you should not have this treatment.
3. Be aware that the polish is porous - so cleaning products, pool chemicals, lotions and other chemicals can cause it to peel or chip. When using these products, you should wear some gloves to cover your nails.
4. You should apply cuticle oil to your nails twice a day. This will penetrate the porous polish and nourish the nail bed, keeping your nails healthy underneath the pretty colours.
5. These long-lasting polishes can't be removed with the nail polish remover you use at home. The treatment requires a specialized removal process to protect nails and cuticles. You'll need to have your nails soaked in a special acetone and wrapped (we charge £10 for removal, but free if we remove a previous perfect 10 polish!)
6. To make sure the polish sticks, the room must be at room-temperature. A cold room means that the polish will run and that will make it very difficult to have a smooth finish on your nails.
7. Before your therapist arrives, make sure you have a flat surface ready and lots of light in the room. The therapist also needs to be close to a plug point, so that they can plug in the UV machine which dries the nail. Until next time... Your Perfect 10 Team x