Laura Verwey is the style expert behind Like Your Style Today - a fashion consultant service that leaves you feeling confident not only about your wardrobe + style, but yourself too!
1. What is your typical daily beauty regime? I always use Liz Earle Hot Cloth Cleanser and a Clarosonic followed by my cream of the moment and some under eye gel. I have lots of lotions and potions and love to mix them up in my routine. I try to always be good, but there are days where a simple make up wipe and a bit of cream will do.
2. Your hero skin product you cannot live without? It has to be SkinCeuticals Blemish and Age Defence. If a spot comes up this will simply zapp it away.
3. What’s your favourite nail shade of the moment? OPI 'My very first Knockwurst' is a very beautiful nude shade - perfect for the summer!
4. What inspired you to start Like Your Style Today? I wanted to do something that not only I enjoyed, but also combined my studies in fashion and styling background. There are too many people out there who are not happy with how they look and I wanted to help change that one client at a time. I love making my clients happy with just a bit of style tweaking and a serious pep talk.
5. What are your main style rules you live by and share with your clients?
Stick to your own style - one you feel comfortable in. Some of my rules are:
- Ties on the back of a dress make your bum look bigger!
- Never wear socks in sandals (for men always and for woman only if they truly look hip!)
- A large chest should never be in a turtle neck.
6. What accessories are your summer holiday essentials? Stacks and stacks of various bright bracelets. Lots of neon, mixed with gold, which is my own personal favorite style.
7. What's your number one organising tip for keeping your closet in check? 1 in + 1 out is a good one. This keeps your wardrobe truly tidy. Not that I always oblige myself.
8. What brands are you obsessing over at the moment? I am seriously in love with Florence Instasculpt Jeans. They do all the work for a good shape! Also, New Kid Cosmetics I-tint because the packaging is stunning and it works too.
9. Describe your perfect day? A perfect day is a spontaneous day. Simple things: friends, happy kids running around, laughter and a glass of rose.
10. What's your fav P10 treatment and why? I love the Perfect 10 massages! They are in the comfort of my own home, with some very nice music and takes all my stress away.
Go to Like Your Style Today to learn more about Laura and her services. Quote P10 and receive 15% off your first consultation through the month of September!